Monday, February 23, 2009

Kinda single now!?

I did it. I ended things with The Other Girl. The conversation was pretty simple. It went something like this:

Me: I think we should end this. It's not working.
The Other Girl: What? What isn't working?

Me: Us seeing each other. That's not working.
The Other Girl: Why not?

Me: I don't feel right about it. (I'm lying here if you didn't know.)
The Other Girl: It never bothered you before!

Me: I know, but it does now. I'm scared that you husband will find out.
The Other Girl: He won't.

Me: What if he does?
The Other Girl: He won't.

Me: I can't take that chance. Besides, I need to see if things are going to work with my GF. (I'm lying again. They won't work with the GF.)
The Other Girl: So there's no way to make it work?

Me: No. I've got to get my house in order and I can't do it if I'm playing house with someone else.
The Other Girl: Can we still talk?

Me: Yes. Hit me up online. (That's my attempt at sounding hip and cool.)
The Other Girl: I'll miss hanging out with you.

Me: Maybe in another life this would work. (Getting metaphysical is always a good way to ease the tension.)
The Other Girl: Sure.

Now I know you're all wondering, what if she goes psycho? She can't. Well she can but she doesn't have any info on me. She doesn't know where I work. She has a general idea but doesn't know exactly. Hell she knows my middle name and not my first name. She doesn't even have a phone number for me. I covered all bases, I hope.

So one down. One to go. I broke up with the GF today too. More on that later.

2 comments:

Lady Karinsky said...

good for you, cleanse the palette. stay strong brotha! Hope GF trial went as well?

amanda rae said...

So other girl is gone now... well good for you. No offense, but I want to hear about the ending of GF though. I'm sure it is more exciting/interesting. Again, no offense. Keeping intouch online? Baha! That seemed to go smoother than I would have thought. But good job.